When you want to quickly insert a horizontal line into your Word document instead of going through the Borders and Shading dialog box in the Ribbon here is a keyboard shortcut to save you time.
In this example I put a simple divider line between two paragraphs in my document.? Just type 3 dashes — and hit ‘Enter’ immediately after.
You can also change the type of horizontal line you are inputting by changing up the characters you use for this short cut.? In the following?Word screen shot the green highlighted area shows?the?various?horizontal line breaks possible.? Three asterisks***, three underscores___, three equal signs ===, three pound signs ###, and three tildes ~~~
- › 10 Quick Tips to Get the Most from Microsoft Office
- › How to Insert a Vertical Line in Microsoft Word: 5 Methods
- › What Does the Skull Emoji Mean? ?
- › MSI Clutch GM41 Lightweight Wireless Mouse Review: Versatile Featherweight
- › Google’s Pixel 6a and Pixel 7 Look Like Its Best Phones Yet
- › Nomad Base One Max Review: The MagSafe Charger Apple Should Have Made
- › What’s a Good Internal PC Temperature?
- › Using Wi-Fi for Everything? Here’s Why You Shouldn’t